The Library has 95% resources / collection Particularly in the field of medical among them 90% on cancer related , 5% general medicine, 5% non medical . Available on cancer references are Pediatric Oncology , Radiotherapy ,Cancer Pain , Cancer Medicine , Neuro Oncology , Diagnosis and Imaging , Pathology, Head and Neck Cancer , Oncology Nursing , Surgical Oncology , Palliative Medicine , Chemotherapy , Radiation Oncology , Hospice Information , Orthopedic Oncology , Preventive medicine , Physiotherapy , Gynecologic Oncology, Dietary &other Subject in the text form and digital form or Electronic form . These reference resources on cancer help doctors, Nurses and other health professionals to update their knowledge and apply them in daily practice
Modes of acquisition of Library resources
Library staff daily retrive / search the / new edition /updates resources from internet when gets new edn then become it goes to purchase in each academic year .
Library collect the donation / gifts information and reading materials on cancer from different International organizations ie World Health Organizations (WHO) , American cancer Society (ACS), Leukaemia foundation , Asia Foundation Nepal , Cancer aid & Research foundation India, Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), National hospice & Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center , International Network for Cancer Treatment Research ( INCTR), European Association for Cancer Research (EACR) ,UICC , ASCO , NIC and form nationally : Ministry of Health , Health institution , Tribhuban University and other , Hospital staffs , students , and Teachers have regularly provided their publications on cancer and other fields .
Membership of Societies/Organization
BPKMCH Library has taken membership of different organization to receive certain cancer related information free of change as a member or at a cost lower than usual rates . WHO HINARY database has provided 8,500 titles Journal and 7000 e-books on cancer in digital form similarly Biomedical Central, UICC has provided 150 topics cancer related information in electronic / digital form .
Various Academic Institutes sent their Students , teacher and researchers for the study and practice on cancer
Name of the college
• Kathmandu Medical College Sinamangal , Kathmandu
• Birendra Multipal Campus, Bharatpur
• BPKIHS Dharan
• Kathmandu model Hospital School of Nursing , Kathmandu
• Women Prasuti Griha , the metenity hospital thapathali , Kathmandu
• Holi vision HSS , KTM
• Chitwan School of Medical Sciences , chitwan
• Herman Geminer Higher Secondary School Bharatpur
• Faculty of Science and Technology Pokhera University
• TU IOM Maharanjunj Nursing Sciences Bir Hospital , KTM
• Janaki Medical College Janakpur
• National Academy of Medical Sciences Bir Hospital , KTM
• Sanjeevani Nursing College , Butwal
• Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences , Dhulikhel
• School of Health Science , Bharatpur
• Narayani Samudayik Hospital , bharatpur
• Nobel College , Kathmandu
• Lumbini Medical College
• Sheer Memorial College
• Chitwan Health Foundation Nursing College
• Padma Kanya Multipal Campus , Kathmandu
Facilities Available at BPKMCHL
• Library User Orientation
• Information about Medline, pub med search, HINIRY through internet.
• Photocopy Services
• Scanning Services
• Printed reading materials in open access system.
• Audio- vedio facility for teaching learning.
Contact PersonNutan Dhungana