BACHELOR IN NURSING SCIENCES (BNS) ONCOLOGY
B.P. Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital established the Nursing College in 2075 within the hospital premises. This nursing college is unique of its kind, Joint Constituent Nursing Program of Pokhara University and B.P. Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital. Nursing college is offering Bachelor in Nursing Science (Oncology) course for the first time in the country.
Being one of the foremost National Cancer Referral Hospital of Nepal, Nursing College continuously seeks improvement and evolves itself in order to meet the demands of the changing world with the following objectives:
- To produce middle level quality nurses and able managers for primary level health care and facilitate to bring in optimum health care services required for the local community right at their door-steps.
- To prepare the students to understand and promote other systems of nursing to develop and appreciate philosophical and ethical values of the nursing.
- To prepare academically sound and competent, compassionate nurse as per the demand of country.
About the Course:
Bachelor of Nursing Sciences (BNS) is a three-year program. A student needs to complete 4175 hours (equivalent to 174 credit hours) of course work, and practical graduation. Besides lectures, the classes are facilitated by case studies, group discussions, and practical assignment.
The medium of instruction and examination for this program will be English.
Entry Requirements (Eligibility Criteria):
The entry requirement for new student in Bachelor of Nursing Sciences will Proficiency Certificate Level in Nursing with at least 50% marks in aggregate with minimum 1 year of work experience. In addition, the student must pass the entrance test conducted by University.
- BSC 121 Basic Science I
- BSC 122 Basic Science II
- BSC 123 Basic Science
- NCT 114 Nursing Concepts and Principles
- AHN 115 Adult Health Nursing
- CHN 116 Community Health Nursing
- MSO 147 Health Sociology and Psychology
- ENG 148 English
- COM 149 Computer Science
- GNR 211 Gerontology Nursing
- PSY 212 Psychiatric Nursing
- ONC 213 Oncology Nursing
- OBG 214 Obstetrical and Gynaecological Nursing
- PED 215 Child Health Nursing
- EDS 236 Education Science
- ONC 313 Oncology Nursing
- REM 334 Research and Biostatistics
- LNM 335 Leadership and Managment
Salient Features of the College/ Academic experience:
- Joint constituent college of Pokhara University and BP Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital. It is a unique programme of its kind in Nepal.
- Approval from Nepal Nursing Council
- 450 bedded hospital with ultramodern technology for cancer treatment.
- Students will get opportunity to learn different cancer treatment modality with hands on skill.
- Highly qualified eminent and experienced faculty members.
- Located in its own spacious building premises and peaceful environment.
- Modern spacious skill lab equipped with latest equipment.
- Spacious library and computer lab.
- 20% seats are available for Scholarship
- High Standard of academic excellence.
- Graduates can peruse their higher study (Master degree) in Nepal as well as in abroad in any stream.
- Graduates will have opportunity to be clinical nurse specialist in oncology setting.
- Highly demanded in cancer care setting.
- Graduates can work in any hospital of Nepal, as well as community setting, school setting, industrial setting as well as educational institute.